What Is Link Building
Link building is the SEO practice of obtaining hyperlinks from other websites back to your own website to improve both direct referrals (People navigating on the links) and search engine ranking. A hyperlink (usually just called a link) is a way where the users navigate between pages on the internet. Search engines such as GOOGLE, BING use links to crawl the web; they will crawl the links between the individual pages on your website, and they will crawl the links between entire websites. Link building is all about increasing your site traffic.
Website Crawler goes to a site again and again whose ranking in a search engine is high. You can verify this fact by putting your site on a high-rank site. If your site link is available on a high-rank website, then you have 99.99% chances that your site is indexed within 24Hrs.
How to Increase Link Popularity?
There are various ways of increasing your website link popularity. You can follow the tips given below, which are easily doable.
- Submit your site to popular search engines manually. Do not go for an automated submission.
- Get your site listed in Open Directory Projects like dmog.org, yahoo.com. Getting listed in these directories gives a boost in link popularity and improve search engine ranking in other search engines.
- Provide high-quality content so that anyone would naturally link to your site if you are featuring what they want, and that is not available anywhere else.
- Leverage your personal relations with other webmasters. Put your site link on their sites. One-way links often count for more than reciprocal links.
- Participate in Link Exchange Programs. Find top 20 sites doing the same business and contact them for reciprocal links. Link exchange between unrelated sites might affect the ranking of websites in the search engine.
- If you are subscribed to a forum and the forum does not have any restriction to keep your site link as your signature, then it can help you to increase your site popularity.
- Submit your site to bookmark sites like DIGG and Slashdot. Before submitting, please go through their spam policy.
- Write good articles on blogging sites and give a few references to your links within that article.
- Keep providing good content to your site visitors. Try to keep them busy on your site. If possible create forums, newsletters, blogs, etc.
There are other ways, but you need to spend some dollars to go for such alternatives.
- Buy a place on a high-rank website where you can put your link.
- Subscribe to Google’s AdWords program to drive traffic towards your site.
- You can go for alternative advertising option to increase the number of hits on your site, which can result in your site link popularity.
Link Building Stats To See Now, Not Later
- Backlinks in Google search trends peaked in 2011 and 2017.
- Lists posts on average receive 74% more links than any other content type.
- SEMRush is the most popular SEO and link tool in the world, followed by ahrefs.
- Content marketing interest peaked over link building in 2013 and interest shows continued growth into 2017 – 2018.
- 35% of clients spend less than $1,000 per month on link building.
- 53% of clients allocate a quarter or less of their SEO budget to link building.
- 90% of participants said they employ content as a link-earning tactic.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 81% of businesses consider their blogs to be an important asset to their businesses.
- A sample of 750,000 well-shared articles over 50% had zero external links.
- Content-based link building is most effective tactic and the most popular.